Another month of Ink. With the theme of “Atari Propaganda”, I am focusing on creating ads featuring Atari video games, and young people (particularly young women) enjoying those video games. I will post each piece as I finish them here. Further down the page are also links to time lapse videos for each piece.
- First, the nostalgia factor. I want to create work that any Atari fan can relate to. Featuring product from the 80’s and 90’s, with ad design reminiscent of the era as well.
- Design each illustration with women in mind. Explore the question, “What if video game ads of the late 80’s, early 90’s, focused on both the male and female demographics, as opposed to just the male?”.
- Produce a piece of artwork for each day of the month of October.
- Compile Inktober’s work into a published book, available for sale. This book will include the final artwork along with process images, and will be between 60-80 pages.
- I want to incorporate the artistic principle of negative space into my work.
I will be placing all the final pieces in this post, along with weekly review videos.
Day by Day Gallery
Click the thumbnail to view the full image. Click “Timelapse” to view the timelapse video for each image.